IMI Masonry Detailing Series: 01.090.1501: Corner Detail - Gyp. Sheathing & Wood Studs, Outside Corner
Adhered veneer is versatile and weather resistant, with rich design possibilities offering contemporary looks. A good fit with the natural skills of tile setters and bricklayers makes architects more likely to specify adhered veneer wall systems when installed by skilled BAC craftworkers trained by BAC/IMI.
Veneer types include:
- Adhered Manufactured Stone Masonry Veneer (AMSMV) - a lightweight architectural non-load bearing product produced by wet-cast blending of cementitious material, lightweight and other aggregates, iron oxide pigments and admixtures, applied via cementitious mortar to a backing surface.
- Porcelain Tile – A ceramic tile with water absorption of 0.5% or less
- Exterior Stone Veneer –stone must be structurally sound and not absorb excessive water. ASTM tests can determine appropriate stone quality. TMS limits are 2-5/8” thick, 36” face dimension (5’ total face area), and 10-15 lb/s.f., depending on local building codes.
IMI offers training to BAC contractors and members, and educational programs for design professionals, like this upgrade training session at the BAC Wisconsin District Council Training Center.
Slumberland Furniture Store, MN
MGM Grand, NV
- Masonry Veneer Manufacturers Association
- Natural Stone Veneers International
- Boulder Creek Stone – ESR-2665*
- Enviromental Materials, LLC – ESR-2380
- Coronado Stone Products – ESR-2380
- Dutch Quality Stone, Inc. – ESR-1942
- Canyon Stone – ESR-2820
- Spaulding & Son, Inc. – ESR-1966
- G. S. Harris Co., Inc. – ESR-1593
- Modern Stone Solutions, Inc. – ESR-1956
- Heritage Stone, LLC – ESR-2593
- Owens Corning Masonry Products, LLC – ESR-1364
- Eldorado Stone, LLC – ESR-1215 & ER-3568
- Centurion Products, Inc. – NER-543
- Sunset Stone, Inc. – ESR-2836
- GAF Materials Corp. – ESR-1974
- Stonecraft Industries – ESR-2826
- Veenerstone – ESR-2699