The International Masonry Institute (IMI) is a partnership between International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (BAC) members and the contractors who employ them. Our renowned education, technical support, research, and training support the architecture, engineering, and construction community throughout the project lifecycle, from new construction to renovation and restoration projects.
Team IMI represents labor and management working in partnership to create a safer, better built world. We believe in educating and empowering people to build responsibly.
These values drive everything we do:
- Fairness: We advocate for the installation of durable, sustainable materials by qualified union craftworkers and the responsible contractors who employ them. We take pride in the fact that union craftworkers are paid a middle-class wage with training, health, and pension benefits and are treated with dignity on the job and in retirement.
- Education: We enable craftworkers, contractors, owners, and designers to do their jobs in the best possible way. We educate the construction community about the benefit and equity of installing masonry and tile materials with qualified, union craftworkers.
- Craft: We preserve craft traditions to enhance the value of the building arts while adopting new technologies to embrace the future.
- Safety: We raise the standards of safety for craftworkers and for the job sites and buildings in which they work.
- Quality: We ensure that buildings are built right the first time, that finishes are installed properly, and that the built world is beautifully maintained.
- Teamwork: We treat each other with respect while collaborating internally and partnering externally with like-minded organizations to advance our values and vision.